Two western Massachusetts teenagers are recovering after being found unresponsive in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide.
Great Barrington fire officials say the teens were found Saturday and brought to a hospital. They are expected to make full recoveries.
Officials say they found potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels in the home, between 500 and 800 parts per million.
U.S. & World
Authorities say they determined the source to be a gas furnace and plugged chimney.
Firefighters also say there were no working carbon monoxide detectors in the home. They urged all homeowners to install detectors for the odorless gas.