Man Airlifted With Serious Burns After Propane Grill Fire

Whitman 070319
NBC10 Boston

A Massachusetts man suffered serious burns Wednesday after a flash fire was sparked by a propane grill.

A 35-year-old Whitman resident suffered first- and second-degree burns, according to fire officials. Crews responded to his School Street home around 6:45 p.m.

The man was airlifted to a Boston hospital with serious but non-life-threatening injuries.

Investigators believe vapor ignited after the man disconnected the propane tank from the grill while it was still on.

Contact Us