Fire officials say an apartment fire forced 11 people from their home in Gardiner, Maine, and they are unsure if they will be able to return.
Gardiner Fire Chief Al Nelson says it appears the fire started in the four-unit building's electrical system on Monday night. All of the tenants were able to get out of the building safely but they had to find other accommodations for the night.
City records say the building is in foreclosure. American Red Cross disaster program manager Eric Lynes says the agency will be a go-between for the families and the building so they can retrieve personal possessions. He tells the Kennebec Journal he cannot say when or if the residents will be able to move back to the building.