Man Charged With Murder After Maine Teens Body Found - NECN

Man Charged With Murder After Maine Teens Body Found



    Kyle Dube charged with murder of 15-year-old Nichole Cable, whose body was found late Monday night (Published Thursday, Feb. 20, 2014)

    (NECN: Amy Sinclair, Bangor, Maine) - A 20-year-old Orono, Maine man is expected to appear in court in central Maine Wednesday morning on a murder charge, in connection with the death of a 15-year-old Glenburn girl who disappeared more than a week ago.
    It was a sad conclusion to a massive community wide search for Nichole Cable.

    "Unfortunately this did not end as we wanted," said Penobscot County Sheriff Glen Ross.

    On Tuesday night, a Game Warden and K-9 discovered the body of a female in a wooded area by the Stillwater River in Old Town.
    Maine State Police charged Kyle Dube of Orono, who was already in custody on unrelated charges, for the knowing and intentional murder of the teen.

    "I can't get into specific details about what led us to this site, but I'll say it came from several sources," said State Police Lt. Chris Coleman.

    Cable vanished 9 days ago after leaving her Spruce Lane home to meet a friend. Her cell phone was shut off an hour later.
    Since then police have been looking for any signs of her and information about a black Ford Ranger truck..
    That truck. now impounded, belongs to Dube's father.

    In Old Town, where Cable attended high school, posters with her photo hang on utility poles and outside local stores.
    Her friends, who had hoped she'd just run away, are taking the news very hard.

    "I'v'e been really scared for her, said Tyler-Ann Harris, 16, choking back tears.

    While police won't confirm how the two knew each other, Harris said Cable and Dube had been "hanging out" for around two months.
    She said Cable told her Dube wanted to see her before he went to jail to serve a 90 sentence stemming from a high speed motorcycle chase in 2012.

    Dube's own Facebook page included several posts asking for help in locating Nicole after her disappearance.

    Exactly how the two connected that night is unclear.

    The family said she may have connected with a man on Facebook which prompted a warning from the Sheriff.

    "This event and others is a reminder to parents that they need to have oversight of the internet activities of children," said Ross.

    In this case, it may have been a friend connection that cost Nichole Cable her life.

    Dube is expected to make his first court appearance at 11 a.m. Wednesday in Penobscot County Superior Court.