Police Activity Continues at Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass. Home - NECN

Police Activity Continues at Hernandez's North Attleboro, Mass. Home



    Aaron Hernandez's attorney released a statement Monday evening (Published Sunday, Feb. 2, 2014)

    (NECN: Julie Loncich) - Aaron Hernandez has been hold up in his sprawling North Attleboro, Mass. home for more than three full days now.

    Monday night included a personal visit from his barber, who left his business cards and confirmed he did indeed cut Hernandez's hair. His white SUV made several trips Monday, with a female behind the wheel.

    Early Monday morning, divers combed a marshy, wooded stream a few hundred yards from the house. After a rather extensive search, crews left - apparently - empty handed. It was the most activity in and around the neighborhood Monday.

    It's a far cry from Saturday, when swarms of investigators spent hours inside the 23 year old's home, leaving with multiple bags of evidence in hand.

    A law enforcement source confirms there is surveillance video of Hernandez on Fayston Street - homicide victim Odin Lloyd's street - in Dorchester late Sunday night into early Monday morning, around the same time Lloyd's family told NECN  he left to meet up with his good friend Hernandez, and was picked up by someone. NECN has also learned police gathered surveillance video from these gas station cameras at the end of the road.

    It's been one full week since Lloyd's body was discovered a mile away from Hernandez's home in an industrial park - and a long week for neighbors on Ronald C Meyer Drive.

    "It's a beautiful neighborhood and the people here seem very nice. It would bother me if everybody was in my front yard all night and all day for the past 7 days," Walpole resident Larry Amara says.

    It's been an even longer week for the victim's family.

    Hernandez's attorney, Michael K. Fee of Ropes & Gray LLP, released a statement Monday evening: "Over the past week, our client, Aaron Hernandez, has been the subject of a relentless flood of rumors, misinformation, and false reports in the media. These include the repeated publication of a supposedly confirmed report that an arrest warrant had been issued for Aaron, a report that was exposed as untrue. None of these false reports come from official sources and we appreciate the professionalism and restraint shown by the Bristol County District Attorney’s Office to date with regard to its public statements while its investigation is underway. Out of respect for that ongoing investigation, we will continue to refrain from commenting on its substance."