Several MBTA lines are under a cancellation or delay Monday morning following a powerful snowstorm that blanketed the region overnight.
About 10 delays and a couple of cancellations were announced Monday, according to MBTA officials. The following lines are under a delay on Monday:
- Providence Train 816 from Wickford Junction is operating up to 40 minutes behind schedule;
- Stoughton Line Train 909 from South Station is expected to depart behind schedule;
- Newburyport Train 162 from Newburyport is delayed by up to 20 minutes between Newburyport and North Station;
- Rockport Train 110 from Rockport is up to 35 minutes behind schedule between West Gloucester and North Station;
- Rockport Train 105 outbound is about 20 minutes late to Rockport;
- Newbury Line Train 157 from North Station is about 20 minutes delayed;
- Rockport Line Train 108 from Rockport is up to 55 minutes late between Salem and North Station;
- Needham Line Train 607 from South Station is expected to depart behind schedule;
- Middleborough Train 012 from Middleborough is about 20 minutes late between Middleborough and South Station;
- Lowell Line Train 311 from North Station is approximately 15 minutes behind schedule between Anderson/Woburn and Lowell;
- Franklin Train 710 inbound has not yet departed Forge Park;
- Ashland Train 590 from Ashland is up to 30 minutes behind schedule between Ashland and South Station;
- Framingham/Worcester Line Train 512 from Worcester is about 20 minutes late between Natick Center and South Station;
- Fitchburg Train 410 from Wachusett is up to 15 minutes late between Ayer and North Station;
- Fairmount Train 758 inbound is expected to depart Readville late;
- Fairmount Train 757 from South Station is stopped between Fairmount and Readville.
The MBTA Green Line B Branch's Boston College Station was closed in the morning due to a power problem in the area, according to officials.
The unforgiving storm prompted shuttle buses to replace the Mattapan Trolley.