The U.S. Labor Department's OSHA division is proposing a $40,000 fine against a New Hampshire electrical contractor, saying an employee was exposed to a 12-foot fall without protection while replacing a light fixture on a restaurant roof in Concord.
An Occupational Safety and Health Administration inspector driving by the Buffalo Wild Wings Restaurant in December said he saw an employee for Daniels Electric Corp. on the roof without the protection. The inspector also said an extension ladder didn't reach far enough and the worker also faced possible electric shocks and burns because the circuit controlling the light hadn't been locked out to prevent it from becoming unintentionally energized.
The Gilford-based contractor has 15 business days to respond to OSHA. A message seeking comment was left with the business Thursday morning.