6 Treated for Mild Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Boiler Malfunction at Brattleboro Apartment - NECN
Vermont

Vermont

The latest news from around the state

6 Treated for Mild Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Boiler Malfunction at Brattleboro Apartment

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    6 Treated for Mild Carbon Monoxide Poisoning After Boiler Malfunction at Brattleboro Apartment
    Getty Images
    File Image

    Fire officials in Vermont say six people have been treated for mild carbon monoxide poisoning after a boiler malfunctioned in an apartment building.

    The Brattleboro Fire Department responded around midnight to the apartment building where a tenant reported that a carbon monoxide detector in the basement was going off. Firefighters found elevated levels of CO in the building and all 16 tenants were evacuated.

    The fire chief says six tenants, including an infant, had high levels of CO in their blood. They were treated at Brattleboro Memorial Hospital.

    The fire department says the alarm was sounding earlier in the afternoon but the detectors were either disconnected or ignored. The department is urging all residents to consider any alarm an emergency until the situation is deemed safe by trained professionals.

    Clerk Pulls Out Machete on Would-Be Robber

    [NATL] Clerk Pulls Out Machete on Would-Be Robber

    A would-be robber armed with a knife had a surprise in store when an Alabama store clerk pulled out a machete in defense. The two's brief knife fight was caught on camera before the clerk runs out to damage the robber's car.

    According to police, suspect Seth Holcomb walked up to the counter to make a purchase. He leaves the store and then comes back in as if to make a second purchase. Then, he pulled out a knife at the counter. What he didn't expect was that the clerk would pull out a machete of his own.

    (Published Wednesday, March 20, 2019)

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android