Dozens of tenants at Squire Village in Manchester were evacuated after a construction crew hit a gas line this morning, but they have been allowed back in their apartments.
The crew was working on a community center at Squire Village on Spencer Street when it hit a 2-inch gas line around 9 a.m., according to officials.
Three buildings were evacuated, which affected residents of 22 apartments, and they had to wait outside for two hours, but no one was injured.
"We are continuing to monitor the amount of natural gas in the air, in the building and in the surrounding area," Fire Chief David Billings said this morning. "If there were to be an explosive level of natural gas in the environment, we would move people further away."