Search Continues for Suspect Who Prompted Beverly Hospital Lockdown - NECN

Search Continues for Suspect Who Prompted Beverly Hospital Lockdown

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Beverly Hospital Locked Down During Suspect Search

    A lockdown has been lifted at Beverly Hospital.

    (Published Wednesday, Oct. 18, 2017)

    A lockdown at a Massachusetts hospital has been lifted, but police are continuing to search for a suspect wanted in connection with a domestic incident over the weekend.

    Beverly Hospital had been placed on lockdown as police searched for 32-year-old Charles Dixon, wanted in a incident that occurred on Sunday night. The suspect reportedly showed up at the residence where the domestic incident occurred again on Wednesday.

    Dixon allegedly threatened to have his ex-girlfriend and their unborn child killed. She described him as a fentanyl and heroin dealer.

    He was also named a suspect in the death of another ex-girlfriend who was pregnant, according to police.

    Police said the hospital was placed on lockdown as a precaution; there was a report of shots fired nearby, and investigators believed there was a chance the suspect might show up there.

    As of 6:20 p.m., police said it was still an active search. There was a possible sighting around 6 p.m., but it turned up negative.

    The hospital said after 7 p.m. that the lockdown had been lifted.

    Massachusetts State Police said their Airwing is up over the city assisting in the search.

    No further information was immediately available.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android