More than two dozen students at a Massachusetts middle school were taken to a hospital as a precaution after walking through a smoke and vapor cloud created by a cleaning agent used in the school's cafeteria.
Braintree fire officials said a worker became light-headed Monday morning after turning on a steam table that wasn't properly wiped off on Friday, creating a smoke and vapor cloud after the cleaning agent corroded the aluminum.
The smoke cloud then went into the hallway, which is when a group of students arrived and walked down the hall, through the vapor cloud, fire officials said.
In all, 14 were taken to South Shore Hospital and 13 were evaluated at Quincy Medical Center, including the worker.
All of the students and the worker are OK and are being released, according to fire officials.
The school has been cleared and the health board is on the scene.
Fire officials add the school had to throw away a lot of food as a result of the contamination.