2nd Man Arrested in Connection With Fatal Drive-By Shooting - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

2nd Man Arrested in Connection With Fatal Drive-By Shooting

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    2nd Man Arrested in Connection With Fatal Drive-By Shooting

    Another man pleaded not guilty on Monday in connection with 21-year-old Anthony Baker's shooting death.

    (Published Monday, June 11, 2018)

    A second man has been arrested in connection with Friday's fatal drive-by shooting in Brockton, Massachusetts.

    The Plymouth district attorney's office announced that Christopher T. Nogueira, 21, of Taunton was arrested Monday evening in connection with the shooting death of 21-year-old Anthony Baker.

    Nogueira will be arraigned on a murder charge in Brockton District Court on Tuesday. It's unclear if he has an attorney.

    Twenty-one-year-old Brockton resident Andrew Tymek pleaded not guilty to a murder charge earlier on Monday. During Tymek's arraignment, a prosecutor said described him as a "participant and co-conspirator" in Baker's death.

    Arraignment in Brockton Shooting

    [NECN] Arraignment in Brockton Shooting

    A Massachusetts man is scheduled to face a judge Monday in connection with the fatal shooting of a Brockton man.

    (Published Monday, June 11, 2018)

    Authorities said officers responded to 10 Arthur St. Friday evening for a report of a drive-by shooting around 6:14 p.m.

    When officers arrived, Baker was found lying unresponsive in the street. Baker was taken to Good Samaritan Hospital in Brockton where he was pronounced dead.

    Through an investigation, Tymek was arrested in connection with Baker's death.

    Police told the district attorney's office they do not believe the shooting was random.

    According to The Enterprise, Baker was killed as he was coming home to get ready for his sister's wedding rehearsal. The family told the paper they believe he was killed in a fight which centered around a woman.

    Baker's death is the seventh murder in Brockton this year.

    Brockton Murder Suspect Due in Court

    [NECN] Brockton Murder Suspect Due in Court

    A Massachusetts man is scheduled to face a judge Monday in connection with the fatal shooting of a Brockton man.

    (Published Monday, June 11, 2018)

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android