Butter Left on Stove Causes Fire in NH Nursing Home,1 Hurt - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Butter Left on Stove Causes Fire in NH Nursing Home,1 Hurt

120 residents evacuated from home

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Butter Left on Stove Causes Fire in NH Nursing Home,1 Hurt

    A pot of butter left on the stove caused a fire at a Manchester, New Hampshire, nursing home Saturday.

    The kitchen of that nursing home has been shut down while the area is cleaned. A fire suppression system in place did not activate, according to Manchester fire officials.

    Six engine trucks, three ladder trucks and four ambulances responded to the call. One nursing home resident was brought to a local hospital with injuries.

    There were 150 people in the building, including 120 residents of the nursing home, according to district Fire Chief Mike Gamache. 

    Amb. Yovanovitch Responds to Trump’s Tweet During Testimony, Calls It ‘Very Intimidating’

    [NATL] Amb. Yovanovitch Responds to Trump’s Tweet During Testimony, Calls It ‘Very Intimidating’

    Marie Yovanovitch, former U.S. Ambassador to Ukraine, responds to a tweet President Donald Trump published about her record as an ambassador.

    (Published Friday, Nov. 15, 2019)

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android