Cape Cod Shark Attack Victim Released From Hospital - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Cape Cod Shark Attack Victim Released From Hospital

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Cape Cod Shark Attack Victim Released From Hospital

    The man bitten by a shark off Cape Cod in Massachusetts this month has been released from the hospital.

    A spokesman for Tufts Medical Center in Boston said Monday that 61-year-old William Lytton was recently released.

    He said the hospital couldn't say when the Scarsdale, New York, man left or whether he was transferred to another facility or sent home, citing patient privacy laws.

    The hospital said Thursday that Lytton had been upgraded from fair to good condition.

    Toddler Towed With Car, Left in Freezing Lot Overnight

    [NATL] Toddler Towed With Car, Left in Freezing Wisconsin Lot Overnight

    A 4-year-old girl was left alone inside a minivan overnight in a Milwaukee tow lot, authorities said. An impaired driver was pulled over and arrested for operating while intoxicated. Officers removed a 10-month-old child from the vehicle but left the 4-year-old girl, who spent the night in the tow lot where temperatures dropped to 19 degrees.

    (Published Thursday, Nov. 15, 2018)

    Lytton suffered deep puncture wounds to his leg and torso after being attacked on Aug. 15 while swimming off a beach in Truro.

    Shark researchers are working to determine what type of shark was involved. It was the first shark attack in Massachusetts waters since 2012.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android