Hot Water Heater Cause of Conventry, Rhode Island Carbon Monoxide Leak - NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

Hot Water Heater Cause of Conventry, Rhode Island Carbon Monoxide Leak

Two children and four adults were hospitalized for carbon monoxide poisoning

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Hot Water Heater Cause of Conventry, Rhode Island Carbon Monoxide Leak
    Carbon monoxide detector

    Fire officials in Coventry, Rhode Island say an improperly vented hot water heater was the cause of a carbon monoxide leak that sent six members of a family to hospitals.

    Firefighters responding to the home on Sisson Road at about 1 a.m. on Tuesday detected what were called dangerously high levels of carbon monoxide.

    Officials say four adults and two children were brought to two area hospitals for treatment of carbon monoxide poisoning. All are expected to recover.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android