Boston Fire and EMS responders are being credited with saving the life of a cat during a Sunday morning fire in Boston.
Boston firefighters arrived to 78 West Cottage St. at 10:25 a.m. in the city's Roxbury neighborhood. Heavy smoke was showing on the second floor of a 3-story brick apartment building.
During the two alarm blaze, crews rescued a pet cat from the building and handed it off to first responders standing by.
The cat was given oxygen and first aid and was said to be "reacting positively."
Investigators believe the fire started after an electrical short circuit in a bedroom on the second floor. The 2-alarm fire was knocked down and no other injuries were reported.