Disturbance at New Hampshire McDonalds's Lands 3 in Custody - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Disturbance at New Hampshire McDonalds's Lands 3 in Custody



    Disturbance at New Hampshire McDonalds's Lands 3 in Custody
    Manchester Police Department
    L to R: Lea Stevenson, Aliec Mara-Hady, and Jacquelyn Paul.

    A disturbance at a New Hampshire McDonald's restaurant early Wednesday morning has three people facing charges.

    Manchester police arrested 21-year-old Henniker resident Lea Stevenson, and her two friends, Aliec Mara-Hady, 20, and Jacquelyn Paul, 23, both of Manchester.

    Stevenson was charged with disorderly conduct, criminal trespass, and resisting arrest/detention. Mara-Hady was charged with hindering apprehension and simple assault for striking an officer. Paul was charged with criminal trespass.

    Authorities were called to the South Willow Street McDonald's after the manager called police at about 2 a.m. when Stevenson and another woman were acting disorderly and refused to leave.

    Death Toll, Damages Climb From Typhoon Hagibis

    [NATL] Death Toll, Damages Climb From Typhoon Hagibis

    The death toll from Typhoon Hagibis climbed to 53 on Tuesday, days after it tore through Japan and left hundreds of thousands of homes wrecked, flooded or out of power. Hagibis caused more than 200 rivers to overflow when it hit the island nation on Saturday.

    (Published Tuesday, Oct. 15, 2019)

    The manager said they were arguing with an employee as they were waiting in the drive-thru line.

    As the women parked their vehicle, they continued to argue with the employee who was standing outside of the employees’ entrance. The employee walked into the restaurant to avoid a confrontation, but the two women pushed past the worker while yelling and swearing at him.

    When police showed up and tried to arrest Stevenson, her friends, Mara-Hardy and Paul kept interfering with the arrest and refused to leave the area, according to authorities.

    All three were eventually taken into custody and have been released on $1,000 personal recognizance bail. They are scheduled to appear in the 9th Circuit Court-Manchester on Jan. 24.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android