Man Shot and Killed While Inside SUV in Dorchester - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Man Shot and Killed While Inside SUV in Dorchester

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    2 Days of Deadly Shootings in Dorchester

    Police say latest shooting was targeted attack on a man inside an SUV Saturday afternoon.

    (Published Saturday, March 31, 2018)

    Police are trying to solve two deadly shootings that have happened on back-to-back days in Dorchester.

    On Saturday, one person was shot and killed while inside a red Ford Escape, according to police.

    The victim, a male in his late 30s who has not been identified, was targeted in the attack, officials say.

    "Clearly, cleary targeted to the vehicle," Boston Police Commissioner Billy Evans said. "Another vehicle rode up and shot into the vehicle so clearly it's not a random act."

    Man Shot and Killed Inside Car in Dorchester

    [NECN] Man Shot and Killed Inside Car in Dorchester

    The victim, a male in his late 30s who has not been identified, was shot inside a red Ford Escape Saturday afternoon in Dorchester.

    (Published Saturday, March 31, 2018)

    Police responded to 130 Evans Street in Dorchester after the call came in at 3:56 p.m.

    The victim was pronounced dead at the scene.

    The shooting is under investigation and authorities are trying to identify the suspect, looking to see if any cameras captured the car they were in.

    Police do not believe the shooting is related to a fatal shooting that happened a day earlier in Dorchester.

    On Friday, another man in his 30s was shot dead. It happened on Wayland Street, three miles away on the other side of the neighborhood.

    "Nowadays you can't walk the streets because everybody is shooting everybody."

    Commissioner Evans says it's a concerning trend.

    "It's troubling and we all have to step up. We've got the warm months ahead of us and I have been talking to Mayor Walsh and we're working on strategies to make the summer safe."

    The commissioner says they have already taken 160 guns off the streets since the beginning of the year.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android