Eataly Severs Ties With Chef Mario Batali Amid Misconduct Scandal - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Eataly Severs Ties With Chef Mario Batali Amid Misconduct Scandal

A spokesman for Eataly USA told The Associated Press the company has purchased Batali's minority interest, formally ending the relationship

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Mario Batali Pleads Not Guilty to Sexual Misconduct Charge

    Celebrity chef Mario Batali pleaded not guilty to charges of sexual misconduct in a Boston courtroom on Friday. The alleged incident took place in 2017 (Published Friday, May 24, 2019)

    Chef Mario Batali, whose career crumbled amid sexual misconduct allegations, no longer owns a stake in Eataly, the Italian marketplaces he once heavily promoted.

    Chris Giglio, a spokesman for Eataly USA, told The Associated Press on Friday the company has purchased Batali's minority interest, formally ending the relationship. Batali has had no direct involvement with Eataly since December 2017, Giglio said.

    Batali, known for his orange Crocs and ponytail, has pleaded not guilty to a charge that he forcibly kissed and groped a woman at a Boston restaurant in 2017. The next court hearing in the case is scheduled for Aug. 30.

    Eataly USA has several locations, including a Manhattan flagship. Batali had already given up financial stakes in all his restaurants, severing a 20-year partnership with Joe Bastianich.

    Mario Batali Appears in Boston Court to Face Sex Assault Charge

    [NECN] Mario Batali Appears in Boston Court to Face Sex Assault Charge

    Celebrity chef Mario Batali appeared in a Boston court Friday to face a charge of sexual assault stemming from 2017.

    (Published Friday, May 24, 2019)

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android