Exploding Vape Pen Lights Student's Backpack on Fire - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Exploding Vape Pen Lights Student's Backpack on Fire

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Exploding Vape Pen Lights Student's Backpack on Fire

    A school bus had quite the scare in Massachusetts after a student's backpack burst into flames.

    Police say the fire happened around 7:15 a.m. Wednesday in Northbridge as the students were heading to Blackstone Valley Regional Vocational Technical High School.

    The bus driver was able to evacuate the students and use a fire extinguisher to put out the blaze.

    Authorities traced the fire to a vape pen battery that had exploded.

    No injuries were reported, and a second bus was able to transport the students to their destination.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android