Family Displaced In House Fire - NECN


The latest news from around the state

Family Displaced In House Fire

No injuries reported in the Bennington, Vt. blaze



    Family Displaced In House Fire
    Stock Photo

    A family in Bennington, Vermont, has been displaced after their house was damaged in a fire.

    No injuries were reported in the fire Monday. The Bennington Banner reports the home belongs to Ron Harrington, who said his wife alerted him to smoke in the basement, where there is a wood stove. Harrington said he went downstairs and saw the basement was on fire.

    A garage on the property burned down earlier this year; the family rebuilt it.

    The cause of the fire wasn't immediately known.

    For up-to-the-minute news and weather, be sure to follow us on Twitter and like us on Facebook. Sign up for our new breaking news email alerts by clicking here and download our free apps here.