Fire officials say a family of five was displaced after their rented home in Maine's Somerset County suffered extensive damage in a fire.
The Morning Sentinel reports the blaze was reported at the two-story home on Old Point Avenue in Madison around 12:30 p.m. Monday.
Officials say an 8-year-old girl living in the home alerted her family to the fire after first noticing the flames on her bedroom wall. The entire family was able to make it out of the smoldering home safely.
The home's second floor was severely burned and its ground floor was heavily damaged by smoke. Deputy Fire Chief Don French says firefighters were able to prevent the fire from destroying the entire house.
The fire isn't considered to be suspicious. An investigation is ongoing.