The former conductor of the Boston Symphony Orchestra, James Levine, is being investigated for allegations of sexual abuse.
The accusations against Levine are not from his time in Boston.
He was music director for the BSO between 2004 and 2011.
New York's Metropolitan Opera says it will look into allegations that Levine sexually abused a teenager in the mid-1980s.
"We are deeply disturbed by the news articles that are being published online today about James Levine," the Met said in a tweet on Saturday. "We are working on an investigation w outside resources to determine whether charges of sexual misconduct in the 1980s are true, so that we can take appropriate action."
Levine was also music director for the Met for many years.
The accusations were first reported by the New York Post.
Levine's accuser is now a middle-aged man. Last year, he told police in Illinois that he'd had sexual contact with Levine when he was under the age of 18.
Levine stepped down as music director of the Met in 2016.
The 74-year-old has denied the accusations.