Former MBTA Transit Officer Charged With Indecent Assaults of 2 Women at North Station - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Former MBTA Transit Officer Charged With Indecent Assaults of 2 Women at North Station

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Former Transit Officer Arraigned on Indecent Assault

    Former transit officer James Floyd, 60, was arraigned on multiple charges, including in indecent assault.

    (Published Friday, April 13, 2018)

    A former MBTA Transit Police officer was arraigned Friday in connection with the alleged assaults of two women at North Station in Boston while he was on duty.

    According to the Suffolk County District Attorney's Office, James Floyd, 60, of Winthrop was charged with two counts of indecent assault and battery, one count of assault with a dangerous weapon and one count of intimidation of a witness after an investigation into an alleged assault last month.

    Prosecutors said Floyd was working a detail as a uniformed officer at North Station on the afternoon of March 29 when he allegedly indecently assaulted two women within a 17-minute time span.

    After the first assault, he allegedly offered the victim a knife and challenged her to stab him, then opened a collapsible metal baton and stared at her in a threatening manner before walking away.

    Do Not Eat Any Romaine Lettuce: Health Officials

    [NATL] Do Not Eat Any Romaine Lettuce: Health Officials

    Health officials in the U.S. and Canada are urging people to stay away from all romaine lettuce and products after 32 people in 11 states were sickened by an E. coli outbreak.

    (Published 4 hours ago)

    Both women disclosed the assaults, which were reported to Transit Police.

    Command staff terminated the detail Floyd was working and relieved him of duty. He later resigned from the Transit Police.

    "There is no excuse for sexual assault and absolutely no room in law enforcement for the behavior alleged in these complaints," District Attorney Daniel Conley said. "I want to thank Transit Police for taking this investigation so seriously from its earliest stages, and I want to remind every victim and survivor that our office will always be a safe, respectful, and confidential resource for anyone who wants to disclose sexual assault."

    Floyd was represented by attorney Claudia Lagos.

    He was released on his own recognizance Friday and is scheduled to return to court on June 21.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android