High levels of carbon monoxide in two Boston University residence halls left 25 students displaced early Tuesday.
Officials received a call shortly before 2 a.m. for the carbon monoxide leak and evacuated students immediately upon arrival, according to police. Firefighters and Eversource were on scene to investigate.
"I woke up to the fireman knocking on my door," student Andrew Kelbley said. "They knocked on everyone’s door. That’s how we found out about the issue. They told us there was a carbon monoxide leak so we had to get out of the building."
Crews began to work underground to determine the cause of the Brookline leak. The cause remains under investigation.
No injuries were reported.