Firefighters quickly responded to a house fire early Thursday in Everett, Massachusetts.
The blaze was reported at a home on 93 Madison Ave., where several tenants fled the danger before fire crews arrived.
Everett Deputy Fire Chief Michael Ragucci said tenants reported hearing a crackling sound before the building was evacuated. Upon arrival, firefighters saw flames on the ceiling of the third floor and made a hole in the roof to fight the blaze.
Damage is estimated at about $50,000, according to Ragucci. Power and gas were cut off, making the home uninhabitable for now.
No injuries were reported in connection to the fire. The investigation is ongoing.