Lawrence HS Students Sent Home Following 'Internet Threat' - NECN

Lawrence HS Students Sent Home Following 'Internet Threat'

There is a police presence at the school, and several cruisers on site

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Lawrence Officials Provide Update on High School Threat

    Officials in Lawrence, Massachusetts, discuss a threat received Friday morning to the high school that forced authorities to send students home for the day.

    (Published Friday, Sept. 27, 2019)

    Lawrence High School students were sent home Friday after a reported threat to the school prompted a lockdown situation, authorities said. 

    Mayor Dan Rivera said in a press conference no one had been injured and reports of a possible shooting incident were untrue. He added students were sent home in "an abundance of caution."

    Police Chief Roy Vasque said his department received reports early Friday about "a possible incident that may be happening at the high school related to a shooting or possible shooting." 

    Vasque earlier told NBC10 Boston precautions were being taken due to an "internet threat." 

    Lawrence High School Dismissed After Lockdown Due to Threat

    [NECN] Lawrence High School Dismissed After Lockdown Due to Threat

    Students at Lawrence High School were dismissed Friday after an online threat forced authorities to put the facility on lockdown.

    (Published Friday, Sept. 27, 2019)

    After the lockdown was issued Friday morning, some 70 busses were deployed to take students home.

    The lockdown came as emergency officials dealt with a major gas leak in Lawrence on Friday morning. There is no indication that there is any connection between the gas leak and the school lockdown.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android