A man has been arrested in connection with a rash of vehicle break-ins and thefts in Walpole, Massachusetts.
Nicholas Deberry, 27, was arrested Friday and charged with larceny of a motor vehicle, carrying a dangerous weapon (knife) and possession of a class B substance.
Police began an investigation on Thursday morning after receiving several phone calls from residents in the area of East and Kendall streets. In total, officers recorded that 11 cars had been broken into overnight, while four had been stolen in the span of two days.
"Somebody breaks into your property it's violating," said one victim, David Cuddy. "You just feel violated."
Two of Cuddy's cars were taken sometime in the night. Police located one of them just around the corner, where it was abandoned in front of a local cemetery.
"It's pretty brazen to come in somebody's yard like that," Cuddy said. "We didn't hear a thing, so they were in and out like they knew what they were doing."
According to police, none of the cars involved were locked at the time of the incidents. The stolen vehicles also had keys inside them.
Police said Friday that two of the stolen vehicles still had not been recovered. The investigation remains ongoing to see if anyone else besides Deberry is involved.
It's unclear when Deberry will be arraigned or if he has an attorney.