Man Sues After Raw Sewage Floods Home - NECN
Maine

Maine

The latest news from around the state

Man Sues After Raw Sewage Floods Home

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Man Sues After Raw Sewage Floods Home
    Shutterstock

    A Maine man is suing his town and two contractors after he was forced to leave his home when it became flooded with raw sewage.

    The Kennebec Journal reports Joseph Pinkham is seeking more than $500,000 in damages in his lawsuit filed last month against Farmington, Bruce A. Manzer, Inc. and Ted Berry Company, Inc.

    The lawsuit says Manzer's equipment crushed a nearby sewer line during road repairs and Ted Berry Company missed a blockage while inspecting the line.

    Pinkham's home has been uninhabitable since the flood Jan. 23.

    Survivor of Santa Fe HS Shooting: 'I Was Scared for My Life'

    [NATL] Survivor of Santa Fe High School Shooting: 'I Was Scared for My Life'

    Dakota Shrader, a student from Santa Fe High School, describes what happened when shots were fired during her morning history class. Multiple people died during the shooting.

    (Published Friday, May 18, 2018)

    Farmington Town Manager Richard Davis says it's the contractors, not the town, which should be held liable.

    A Ted Berry representative has declined to comment, and a phone number for Manzer Inc. is disconnected.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android