Crews responded Sunday to a fire at a home in Methuen, Massachusetts.
The fire occurred at 40 Timber Lane, and the homeowner says it started after an aerosol can exploded.
Peter Michael tells NBC10 Boston that he raced home to see his house engulfed in flames. He says his wife and 4-month-old daughter escaped just in time.
It started when an aerosol can was accidentally dropped on the basement floor and somehow ignited, according to Michael.
"It was kinda almost doing a firework thing, spinning around," he says.
Michael says the flames jumped onto a shag carpet and quickly spread through other parts of the house.
Methuen Deputy Fire Chief Richard Aziz says crews responded within minutes and knocked the fire out immediately.
"Not a total loss but there was some good damage, smoke damage," he says.
Fire crews were still on scene assessing the damage and preparing to board up the windows as of 5:30 p.m. Sunday.
Michael says his 4-month-old daughter was taken to the hospital but is doing fine. There are no reports of any injuries.
"All I care about is the family. I don't care about the house, I don't care about whatever is going to happen."
The family is staying with friends until the house can be repaired.
The fire is under investigation.