NH Man Arrested for Possibly Recording Women in Bathrooms, Dressing Rooms - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

NH Man Arrested for Possibly Recording Women in Bathrooms, Dressing Rooms

Travis Demers, 21, of Manchester, is facing two counts of violation of privacy

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    NH Man Arrested for Possibly Recording Women in Bathrooms, Dressing Rooms
    Travis Demers

    A New Hampshire man who police say may have been recording women in bathroom stalls and dressing rooms is under arrest, authorities said Wednesday.

    Travis Demers, 21, of Manchester, is facing two counts of violation of privacy — and it's not his first brush with the law.

    Officers were called to the Mall of New Hampshire in Manchester June 27 when a man was reported inside a women's restroom possibly making a video recording, police said. After reviewing surveillance video, the man was identified as Demers.

    Authorities said he went into the women's restroom and didn't come back out for more than an hour.

    Video Shows Man Swinging Sword During Fla. Dispute

    [NATL] Video Shows Man Swinging Sword During Fla. Dispute

    Police are looking for a man seen swinging a sword during an altercation in Florida over a trash pile.

    (Published Monday, Aug. 19, 2019)

    Another incident allegedly happened at the Savers on South Maple Street on Aug. 2 when police said they received a call about a man taking pictures of a woman in a dressing room.

    When reviewing that surveillance video, police said they also confirmed the suspect was Demers.

    Based on their information, police issued an arrest warrant and took him into custody.

    Demers was also in trouble with the law last year when he was arrested in Manchester July 9, 2018, on warrant charge of conspiracy to commit robbery and resisting arrest. Demers had refused to exit his Pinebrook Place home and briefly barricaded himself inside, forcing police to deploy negotiators.

    He was eventually taken into custody without incident.

    Anyone who thinks they may have been a victim during the recent recording incidents is urged to contact Detective Ryan Heile at 603-792-5534.

    Chief of Federal Prisons Removed After Epstein’s Death

    [NATL] Chief of Federal Prisons Removed After Epstein’s Death

    Attorney General William Barr removed the acting director of the Bureau of Prisons in the latest fallout over the death of Jeffrey Epstein in federal custody. Barr named a former director, Kathleen Hawk Sawyer, to replace Hugh Hurwitz.

    (Published Monday, Aug. 19, 2019)

    It wasn't immediately clear if Demers had an attorney who could speak to the charges.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android