New Hampshire State Police are warning travelers to be careful on the roads in the wake of the Sunday morning snow event.
According to police, the majority of the most recent crashes took place on Interstate 93 between the Hooksett toll and Exit 17. The accidents caused lane closures as vehicles were removed from the roadways.
If you must travel during winter storms, State Police suggest the following:
- Give yourself extra time to reach your destination.
- Remember to give the plows enough room to do their work and leave a wide area when you see emergency vehicles on the side of the road.
- Avoid sudden turning movements and rapid braking as these will lead to you losing control of your vehicle.
- Please be mindful of the highway signs, they are your most accurate source of information for your immediate area of the highway.
- Remember that if the roadway appears to be wet, with the dropping temperatures, the surface may be black ice.
- Monitor your local source for weather updates if you have to travel.