Officials: Man Shot in Apparent Drive-By in Chelsea Dies From Injuries - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Officials: Man Shot in Apparent Drive-By in Chelsea Dies From Injuries

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    At least two suspects are at large after a double shooting at 119 Congress Avenue in Chelsea, Massachusetts.

    (Published Tuesday, Sept. 26, 2017)

    A Massachusetts man who was shot in an apparent drive-by shooting last week has died.

    Chelsea police and Suffolk District Attorney Daniel Conley said Sunday that the 37-year-old city resident died at Massachusetts General Hospital on Saturday night. A 19-year-old woman is recovering from injuries she sustained in the Wednesday shooting that took place in the area of 119 Congress Ave.

    The man's death is being investigated as a homicide.

    No one has been identified.

    Last week, police said they were interested in a small gray sedan, possibly a Honda, that appeared to have fled the scene down Congress Street towards Shurtleff, then Marginal.

    Police were not sure if the shooting was gang related, but had said the incident did not appear to be random.

    Anyone with information regarding the incident is urged to call the 24-hour tip line at 617-466-4880.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android