Officials announced a man whose body was discovered after a house fire in Easton, Massachusetts actually died prior to the blaze.
David Berman, 84, was found on Wednesday in the basement of a home on 42 Dean St. after a fire sparked in a house with "extreme hoarding conditions."
State Fire Marshals and police deemed the blaze accidental.
Authorities said various things in the basement, such as a space heater and extension cords, could have triggered the fire.
Berman was a veteran of the Air Force and Marines. Officials did not reveal the cause of his death.