1 Arrested After Police Chase on Cape Cod - NECN


The latest news from around the state

1 Arrested After Police Chase on Cape Cod



    Cape Cod Car Chase Ends With Arrest

    One man was arrested on multiple charges in the wake of a high-speed car chase in Massachusetts. (Published Monday, Feb. 20, 2017)

    A man was arrested after a police chase that started on Cape Cod and ended in Middleborough and resulted in damaged police cruisers.

    Massachusetts state police say Cary Guy, 24, of Dighton faces multiple charges, including failure to stop, operating to endanger and speeding.

    Police in Barnstable said the chase started when officers tried to pull Guy's 2017 Hyundai Sonata over for inspection stickers and an invalid driver's license. Guy allegedly refused to stop, and a chase ensued.

    The chase led police from Cape Cod to Middleborough, including Route 6, Route 3, Route 44, Route 105, Route 28 before eventually ending on an on-ramp to I-495 northbound.

    Middleborough Car Chase Ends in Arrest

    [NECN] Police Chase Ends In Middleborough With Arrest

    Police said that the car chase ended on an onramp from Route 28 to I-495 in Middleborough, Mass. with the arrest of the driver.

    (Published Monday, Feb. 20, 2017)

    Guy was also allegedly driving at speeds of more than 100 mph and even drove against traffic on Route 44 in Plymouth and I-495 in Middleborough. Two Sandwich police cruisers, a Lakeville police cruiser and a Middleborough police cruiser were damaged in the chase, according to state police.

    Aerial footage shows a police cruiser with a damaged trunk and a red car pulled to the side that was eventually towed away.

    State police add Guy will likely face additional charges from local police departments including driving with a revoked license and driving to endanger.

    Authorities at Scene Where Police Chase Ended

    [NECN]RAW FOOTAGE: Authorities at Scene Where Police Chase Ended

    Aerial footage shows a police cruiser with significant trunk damage and a red sedan being towed from the scene.

    (Published Monday, Feb. 20, 2017)

    He's being held without bail pending his arraignment tomorrow in Wareham District Court.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android