City officials say the landlord of a Portland, Maine, apartment building in which six people died in a fire is facing legal action if he fails to fix safety code violations in another building he owns.
A city spokeswoman says Gregory Nisbet has until Feb. 2 to bring 186-188 Dartmouth St. up to code.
Electrical problems, the use of extension cords as permanent wiring, and improper storage of combustible materials were among the 10 alleged violations.
Nisbet owned a Noyes Street home that burned down in November, killing six people, Maine's deadliest fire in 40 years. That fire was ruled an accident caused by improper disposal of smoking materials.
Nisbet's attorney tells the Portland Press Herald that the problems at Dartmouth Street were caused by tenants who have since been evicted.