Manchester Police: Suspects Barricaded in Hotel Fire Shots at Officers - NECN
New Hampshire

New Hampshire

The latest news from around the state

Manchester Police: Suspects Barricaded in Hotel Fire Shots at Officers



    Shots Fired in Manchester Hotel

    Subjects are barricaded inside a hotel in Manchester, New Hampshire.

    (Published Wednesday, March 27, 2019)

    Suspects repeatedly fired at police officers after barricading themselves in a hotel Wednesday night in Manchester, New Hampshire, authorities said.

    The standoff continued at the Quality Inn Manchester Airport into Thursday morning as the Manchester Police SWAT team said the suspects fired multiple shots for a period of 20 minutes at about 12:30 a.m.

    Crisis negotiators actively communicated with the two barricaded subjects inside of the hotel room throughout the night, but there was a lull in contact with the suspects following the early morning barrage of gunfire, according to police.

    Guests were evacuated from the hotel, where police responded to a report that shots were fired around 7:30 p.m. One person was taken to an area hospital and multiple subjects were barricaded inside the hotel, according to authorities.

    New Study Says Beards are 'Dirtier' Than Dogs

    [NATL] New Study Says Beards are 'Dirtier' Than Dogs

    A recent study suggests that a man's beard contains more germs than a dog's fur. All 18 men's beards studied by researchers at Switzerland's Hirslanden Clinic had higher levels of bacteria in them, compared to only 23 out of 30 dogs. Some beards had so much beard bacteria the men could get sick, the study says.

    (Published Wednesday, April 24, 2019)

    "We heard six to eight gunshots," said Chris Jones. "Within, I don't know, a minute, minute and a half, we saw about 15 Manchester PD (cruisers) come flying in."

    The Manchester Police SWAT team responded to the scene and helped evacuate guests.

    "I came down, there was a SWAT team. I've been up in my room two or three times, and the last time, they said I couldn't go back in my room," said guest James LaCroix.

    Around 10:15 p.m., police said that all guests had been safely evacuated, but that more shots had been heard inside. About 30 minutes later, police said suspects had fired multiple rounds toward officers who were positioned outside of a room.

    No injuries to officers have been reported. 

    The area was closed to traffic, with closures on John E. Devine Drive, South Willow Street and March Avenue.

    Crews from the Manchester Fire Department and New Hampshire State Police responded to help local police.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android