Suspect in Fatal Double Shooting in Providence, RI Held Without Bail - NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

Suspect in Fatal Double Shooting in Providence, RI Held Without Bail

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Police Arrest Man in Connection With Double Shooting

    Police have arrested a 21-year-old man in connection with a double shooting that left a Pawtucket boxer dead and another man injured. 

    (Published Sunday, Nov. 26, 2017)

    A Rhode Island man charged with murder in a double shooting that killed an aspiring boxer over the weekend has been ordered held without bail. 

    Twenty-one-year-old Cedric Dalomba was arraigned Monday in Providence. No plea was entered. 

    Police say 20-year-old Marcelino DeBarros died after he and his cousin, 23-year-old Jalin Braxton, were found Saturday at their Pawtucket apartment with gunshot wounds. 

    Authorities say Dalomba and his former roommate DeBarros had a falling out recently and Dalomba had been asked to move. 

    DeBarros trained at a Providence gym and won a Massachusetts tournament multiple times. His coach says he was "genuinely a good kid." 

    The Providence Journal reports Dalomba told the judge Monday he was homeless and couldn't afford a lawyer. Court records show his case has been referred to the public defender's office. 

    WJAR reports Dalomba was on probation for a domestic assault earlier this year. 

    He will appear back in court next month.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android