Two Teenagers Recovering After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning - NECN

Two Teenagers Recovering After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

Officials found potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels in the home

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Two Teenagers Recovering After Carbon Monoxide Poisoning

    Two western Massachusetts teenagers are recovering after being found unresponsive in a home with high levels of carbon monoxide.

    Great Barrington fire officials say the teens were found Saturday and brought to a hospital. They are expected to make full recoveries.

    Officials say they found potentially lethal carbon monoxide levels in the home, between 500 and 800 parts per million.

    Authorities say they determined the source to be a gas furnace and plugged chimney.

    Family Says Vaping Killed Their 28-Year-Old Son

    [NATL] Family Says Vaping Killed Their 28-Year-Old Son
    An Orlando family is grieving the loss of their 28-year-old son, who died last week. They said he died as a result of vaping. Kyle Boyd's mother, Kimberly, said he was fine last Monday after he came home from hanging out with a group of friends. She said the next morning she could not wake him up.
     
    (Published Thursday, Nov. 21, 2019)

    Firefighters also say there were no working carbon monoxide detectors in the home. They urged all homeowners to install detectors for the odorless gas.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android