Vermont fire officials say an explosion in an oil-fired water heater has destroyed part of a motel in Ludlow.
No one was in in the building at time of the explosion and no injuries have been reported.
The assistant state fire marshal says the explosion was in a two-story annex of the Best Western and contained about three to four guest rooms.
He says the explosion caused severe structural damage and the building is thought to be a total loss of around $500,000.
Authorities say the explosion is not considered to be suspicious.