Report: Woman Withdraws Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Former Boston Official Felix Arroyo - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Report: Woman Withdraws Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Former Boston Official Felix Arroyo

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Report: Woman Withdraws Sexual Harassment Complaint Against Former Boston Official Felix Arroyo

    A woman who accused a former top Boston official of sexual harassment has withdrawn her complaint.

    A spokesman with the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination tells The Boston Globe the woman filed her complaint against Felix Arroyo in August and withdrew it Nov. 21. In a letter dated Nov. 28, an investigating commissioner with MCAD wrote the woman plans to pursue civil action.

    The woman previously worked for Arroyo, and she claimed he had made sexually inappropriate comments and grabbed her bottom. Arroyo was dismissed from his job as chief of health and human services Aug. 24.

    Arroyo's attorney says the accusations were uncorroborated and lacking any credible basis. He says Arroyo has been vindicated.

    Weinstein Charged With Rape in Historic #MeToo Moment

    [NATL] Harvey Weinstein Charged With Rape, Leaves in Cuffs in Historic #MeToo Moment

    Disgraced movie mogul Harvey Weinstein surrendered to police in a watershed moment for the #MeToo movement early Friday morning. Weinstein was charged with rape, criminal sex act and other sex crimes connected to cases involving two separate women.

    (Published Friday, May 25, 2018)

    The city has declined to comment on the case.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android