Yikes! Firefighters, Vets Help Dog After Chew Toy Gets Stuck - NECN
Massachusetts

Massachusetts

The latest news from around the state

Yikes! Firefighters, Vets Help Dog After Chew Toy Gets Stuck

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Yikes! Firefighters, Vets Help Dog After Chew Toy Gets Stuck
    Wrentham Fire Department

    Firefighters in Wrentham, Massachusetts, unexpectedly came to the aid of a resident's dog Sunday afternoon.

    Fire officials wrote on Facebook that around 2 p.m., a woman arrived at the fire department with her dog, which had a plastic chew toy lodged stiffly around her lower jaw and in her mouth.

    The toy was not choking the dog, but officials said the dog was still very distraught.

    Wrentham Fire Department officials said the task of removing the toy was challenge because it could not easily be cut through, even by a hydraulic cutter.

    Astronauts Make History With NASA's First All-Female Spacewalk

    [NATL] Astronauts Make History With NASA's First All-Female Spacewalk

    American astronauts Jessica Meir and Christina Koch made history Friday with NASA's first all-female spacewalk. The astronauts walked outside the International Space Station to replace a faulty battery.

    (Published Friday, Oct. 18, 2019)

    After multiple failed attempts to get the toy loose, they advised the dog be taken to Tufts Vet Emergency in Walpole.

    The fire department said that veterinary staff also struggled to free the toy from the dog's mouth, but were eventually able to dislodge it by sedating the dog and using a cast cutter.

    The dog is now home safe and healthy with its owners.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android