High Wind Warning
Including the cities of Chatham, Falmouth, Provincetown,
Vineyard Haven, and Nantucket
1011 PM EDT Wed Oct 16 2019
...HIGH WIND WARNING REMAINS IN EFFECT UNTIL 5 PM EDT THURSDAY...
* WHAT...Southwest winds 30 to 40 mph with gusts up to 65 mph
* WHERE...Cape Cod, Marthas Vineyard, and Nantucket.
* WHEN...From 1 AM to 5 PM EDT Thursday.
* IMPACTS...Damaging winds could blow down trees and power
lines. Widespread power outages are possible. Travel will be
difficult, especially for high profile vehicles.
* ADDITIONAL DETAILS...Fasten loose objects or shelter objects
in a safe location prior to the onset of winds.
People should avoid being outside in forested areas and around
trees and branches. If possible, remain in the lower levels of
your home during the windstorm, and avoid windows. Use caution if
you must drive.