I am running the 2011 Boston Marathon to raise money for the American Liver Foundation's Run for Research, and will post frequently about my training here, in these final weeks leading up to the race.
Whether you're running the Boston Marathon, or you'll be watching from the sidelines, E3 Training Solutions Coach Jorge Martinez offers some fantastic insight on how to run the marathon course most effectively. Lace up your sneakers, and come for a run!
Don't forget! Everyone who donates to my Run for Research is eligible to win some great prizes, drawn at random, now including Training Shoes from Marathon Sports!
- Two Falmouth Road Race Bib Numbers - Very hard to come by! (Donated by New Balance)
- His/Hers pair of New Balance shoes (Donated by New Balance)
- Head-to-toe package of New Balance gear: apparel, socks, shoes, etc. (Donated by New Balance)
- One free pair of Training Shoes (Donated by Marathon Sports)
Previous Marathon Posts from Matt:
- Post #1: The Journey Continues: Inside My Training for the 2011 Boston Marathon
- Post #2: No, no, no, no, no, no, no, no, YES! Why I finally decided to run.
- Post #3: A Hill Doesn't Have to Mean Heartbreak
- Post #4: Advice: Why Running the Marathon Was My Secret, For Awhile
- Post #5: Two Sciences Collide, and Find New Balance
- Post #6: The Weatherman's New Clothes: Runner's Apparel
- Post #7: Tom Williams: My Liver Buddy, and a Profile in Teenage Courage
- Post #8: A Rebel With a Cause: My 16 year-old Liver Buddy's Quest to Educate
- Post #9: The Science of Running - More Than Meets the Eye