(NECN/CNN) - Every year, cold weather brings health issues like pulled muscles from shoveling snow, or broken bones from slipping on ice.
But, there is one danger that many of us might not think about until it's too late -- carbon monoxide poisoning.
Health experts warn you need to keep an eye on your furnace. That's because leaky furnaces can emit carbon monoxide, a colorless, ordorless gas that can be deadly.
Click here to read more from the EPA.
If you suspect you have been exposed to carbon monoxide, get fresh air as quickly as possible and call 911. Best thing to do to avoid it? Have a carbon monoxide detector in your home, to warn you when the gas is present.
Ninette Sosa has more in this Health Minute.