It's here! The NECN Weather App has been released for iPhone, iPod, iPad and Android! We were awfully picky about this application - I didn't want to have an app I wouldn't be proud to use for my own weather needs...and that's hard to find! In the end, I truly believe this product is superior to any other weather app you'll find that covers New England weather - or the nation, for that matter. Our viewers have been LOVING the app - tons of terrific feedback. In fact, the screen shot above is from Twitter user @K_Seas, who is a fan of the NECN weather app! Here are some of my favorite features:
- Radar turns to full screen in landscape mode. Uses same radar and color scheme we use on our NECN broadcasts!
- Customize your home location, but also set additional locales to check weather in your favorite vacation spot or where family and friends are.
- Please note the forecast information used in the 10-day and hourly forecasts are from a national database, since all locations are covered in this app. That includes for here at home, in New England.
- That said, in the very near future you'll get an update to the app with a "Video" option that will have our latest video forecast - temperatures, accumulation maps, and everything else we show on NECN!
- Click the "i" button on the top right of the radar page and you'll see an option to view satellite, road weather, wind speed, tropical satellite, temperature and snow cover,a s well as real-time overlay plotting of earthquakes, storm tracks and tropical tracks...not to mention a compass!
We hope you enjoy this app, and that you find it to be the best of the best - we'd be happy with nothing less. I use it daily for my weather needs, and I hope you'll find it second-nature to do the same. Simply search for NECN or NECN Wx in the App Store or Android Market.
Matt Noyes and the NECN Weather Team