Local

Woman Dies From Injuries Suffered in Fire

Lexington Evidence 2
WCSH

The Maine state fire marshal's office says a woman who was seriously injured in a mobile home fire earlier in December has died.

Police say on Monday that 53-year-old Michelle Sweet died last week at Maine Medical Center.

Investigators say the fire started when Sweet was smoking while on oxygen. The fire took place on Dec. 5. She escaped her home and was found outside by her car.

Police said at the time of the fire that Sweet suffered burns and smoke inhalation.

Contact Us