Authorities say two people were hurt and 24 mostly older residents were displaced by a blaze in an Old Orchard Beach, Maine, apartment building that's being blamed on a cooking accident.
The blaze at Centennial Plaza apartments was reported at about 1 a.m. Thursday.
Investigators say the blaze began in the kitchen of a first-floor unit, and spread to the hallway and the second floor. The third floor suffered smoke damage.
When firefighting crews arrived, some residents were hanging out of windows and had jump.
One resident was taken to the hospital with an ankle injury while another suffered from smoke inhalation.
The Red Cross says it is assisting as many as 20 displaced residents.