Fire officials say the fire that killed an elderly woman in North Andover, Massachusetts, was caused by improper disposal of smoking materials.
The blaze was reported at around 12:50 p.m. Saturday. Authorities say the 62-year-old woman was found near where the fire started on the second floor of the building. She hasn't immediately been identified.
Fire officials say the fire started on the living room couch and the victim's clothing.
Authorities say an elderly couple safely escaped the fire.
State Fire Marshal Ostroskey said there were no working smoke alarms in the building.