Rhode Island Family Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak | NECN
Rhode Island

Rhode Island

The latest news from around the state

Rhode Island Family Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak

There were reports of carbon monoxide poisoning but police could not confirm that

    processing...

    NEWSLETTERS

    Rhode Island Family Hospitalized After Carbon Monoxide Leak
    WJAR-TV

    Five people, including three children, were hospitalized Wednesday night after a carbon monoxide leak at a home in Smithfield, Rhode Island.

    According to WJAR-TV, police responded to the home on Pleasant View Avenue at about 8:45 p.m.

    A witness told WJAR-TV that he saw first responders performing CPR on multiple people outside the house.

    The victims were taken to area hospitals where their conditions are unknown. One child has regained conciousness, according to authorities.

    Chief Robert Seltzer of the Smithfield Fire Department said that the leak may have been caused by a malfunction with the heating system in the home.

    Get the latest from necn anywhere, anytime

    • Download the App

      Available for IOS and Android